Stockwell Baptist Church (SBC) is an independent, evangelical Baptist church situated in the borough of Lambeth, South London.
The Chapel was founded and erected in 1866 by James Stiff, a pottery manufacturer, who commissioned William Higgs to build it. It stands on part of Crooked Bridge Field on the Bond Estate, freehold land purchased by Charles Blicke in 1797. During WWII it sustained some bomb damage, and later some fire damage. The church has a long and proud history.
We are affiliated to the Fellowship of Independent Evangelical Churches (FIEC), an association of over 600 autonomous churches that have voluntarily agreed to work together. Each of the churches is self-governing.